TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Qualifying Persons
1.1 SmartTechComps.co.uk – operate competitions – skill-based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on our website.
1.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over, except SmartTechComps.co.uk employees, and close relatives of employees.
1.3 SmartTechComps.co.uk reserves the right to close a customer’s account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
- Legal Undertaking
2.1 By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. SmartTechComps.co.uk will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
- Competition Entry
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website. SmartTechComps.co.uk, may run multiple competitions and may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have a specific prize.
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of SmartTechComps.co.uk and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.3 Your SmartTechComps.co.uk Account(s) In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us online. When registering an account online you will be asked to provide an email address and a contact number.
3.4 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, by entering you are confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions (b) once you have purchased your Tickets, play the Challenge when your payment has cleared we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition.
3.5 SmartTechComps.co.uk reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.6 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.7 The Entrant can enter the competitions a maximum number of times as displayed on the individual prize page. The limit is per person. Maximum tickets purchased per person shown on each individual prize page. Maximum ticket numbers vary per competition based on number of tickets available/price of tickets. Any person found to be over the maximum tickets allowed in the draw will have the excess numbers removed and refunded.
3.8 The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted. We will also close a competition on sell out. Ticket sales will close, and we will draw the prize.
3.9 All entrants must create an account prior to entering and supply an email address and contact telephone number to proceed in the competition.
- Promotion Periods
4.1 Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
4.2 Once a prize draw date has been called and confirmed on the prize listing page, we will draw the prize on that date regardless of ticket sell out. Once a guaranteed draw date is set, we will not extend a competition – be aware if 80% of tickets are not sold a cash alternative of 80% of tickets sold value will be given to the winner.
- Competition Judgement
5.1 SmartTechComps.co.uk, Every draw will be live streamed on Instagram or another alternative.
5.2 The online https://numbergenerator.org/ will be used. This will be demonstrated live streamed on Facebook or Instagram before entering the required numbers for that specific competition, i.e., 1 to 60, 1 to 500, 1 to 1000 etc.
5.3 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one 1st prize winner per competition. Some competitions may have runners up prizes.
5.3 SmartTechComps.co.uk will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, SmartTechComps.co.uk will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
5.4 Once a winner is drawn, they will own the prize offered in the competition and we will make every effort to contact them until the prize is delivered. Under no circumstance will the prize be forfeited.
5.5 In the event that SmartTechComps.co.uk closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by SmartTechComps.co.uk prior to the date of closure. SmartTechComps.co.uk reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition, up to a maximum of 4 times.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto SmartTechComps.co.uk database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by SmartTechComps.co.uk.
5.7 All prizes will be drawn once ticket sell out as shown on the website. Cash alternatives are not offered in place of prizes.
- Winner’s Details
6.1 All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by SmartTechComps.co.uk in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Competition.
If the winner really does not want a photo taken, then we will respect that but for the good of the competition and benefit of other entrants a photo of the winner and their prize would be nice.
6.2 Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by SmartTechComps.co.uk, the Winners will be contacted to plan for delivery of the prize.
- Competition Prizes
7.1 SmartTechComps.co.uk prizes are determined, selected by the managing directors of the company, and will do our best to own the prize before going live. In some circumstances I.E different colours available this will not be the case; all other prizes will be owned by SmartTechComps.co.uk by the time draw of the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by SmartTechComps.co.uk and in that case this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competition’s pages. SmartTechComps.co.uk take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery once the winner receives the prize SmartTechComps.co.uk does not insure the prize. No insurance comes with the prizes and SmartTechComps.co.uk cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
7.2 Delivery to the winner is free. SmartTechComps.co.uk has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivering anywhere other than the specified areas I.E Anywhere outside of the UK.
7.3 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
7.4 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer, or supplier.
7.5 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of SmartTechComps.co.uk or other prize suppliers.
- Winners’ Personal Data
9.1 Acceptance of the prize by the Winner will mean they are required to have their photo and video taken by SmartTechComps.co.uk for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
9.2 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name and/or photograph or other likeness to be used for marketing purposes as required by SmartTechComps.co.uk if you are declared a Winner.
- Limits of Liability SmartTechComps.co.uk makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of SmartTechComps.co.uk , SmartTechComps.co.uk shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by SmartTechComps.co.uk , or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by SmartTechComps.co.uk .
- Electronic Communications No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. SmartTechComps.co.uk shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software, or other computer related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, SmartTechComps.co.uk reserves the right to reclaim the Competition prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. If SmartTechComps.co.uk closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by SmartTechComps.co.uk prior to the date of closure, except that SmartTechComps.co.uk reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, SmartTechComps.co.uk will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition. SmartTechComps.co.uk also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. SmartTechComps.co.uk shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. SmartTechComps.co.uk shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, however displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and SmartTechComps.co.uk shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
- Data Protection Notice Any personal data that you supply to SmartTechComps.co.uk or authorise SmartTechComps.co.uk to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by SmartTechComps.co.uk to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data SmartTechComps.co.uk may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom SmartTechComps.co.uk proposes to transfer any of SmartTechComps.co.uk rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement SmartTechComps.co.uk may have with you; (iii) any person to whom SmartTechComps.co.uk proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of SmartTechComps.co.uk in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. To process, use, record and disclose your personal data SmartTechComps.co.uk may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event SmartTechComps.co.uk is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
- We do not accept postal entries.
- Promoter: SmartTechComps.co.uk
- Refunds/Return Policy
All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the competition.
15.1 In the event a customer wishes to swap tickets for a different prize this can be arranged by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
15.2 Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.